(Dive Travel Business News - December 29, 2011) -- Dive Travelers are going to have access to more air lift, more access, more options and more gateways from the U.S. this year signaling a comeback in travel from the past two years. The downside - higher fares and full planes. Here is a summary of some of the new air service.
• American began nonstop flights four times a week from Kennedy to Antigua in November.
• St. Vincent Grenadines Air offers daily scheduled service between Antigua and Montserrat.
• JetBlue offers a Saturday flight from Boston to Aruba in addition to its two weekly flights
• AirTran has weekend flights from Baltimore to Aruba through March 14, plus daily service to Aruba from Atlanta and weekend flights from Orlando.
• Delta has weekly nonstop service on Saturday from LaGuardia to Aruba, complementing its Saturday nonstop service from DKennedy and its flights via Atlanta to Aruba from Kennedy, LaGuardia, Newark and Westchester County Airport. read more »
(Dive Travel Business News - December 7, 2010) -- The Puerto Rico Tourism Company has updated the Puerto Rico Travel Expert education and companion Incentive/Rewards program. Travel professionals who complete the General Courses (Chapters 1-4) gain access to the incentives platform.
At the incentives platform, Travel Pros can enter their Puerto Rico bookings for the period October 1, 2010 through December 31, 2010 to be eligible to win cash prizes: First Prize: $4,000, Second Prize: $2,500. Third Prize: $2,000, Fourth Prize: $1,000 cash. Random drawings will also take place for $500 cash and Four-Night/Five-Day Trip To Puerto Rico, including air and accommodations for two.
In addition, all agents who complete the current Master’s Course (Chapters 5-11) and enter at least one verified booking in the new Incentives/Rewards platform will receive a $25 gift certificate. read more »
(Dive Travel Business News - May 4, 2010) -- JetBlue gave a substantial boost to its Caribbean flight schedule this week, offering Boston travelers 25 percent more departures to cities including Aruba; Cancun, Mexico; Montego Bay, Jamaica; and San Juan, Puerto Rico starting May 3, 2010.
Key summer schedule highlights:
* Three additional weekly flights from Boston to Aruba (for a total of five);
* Two additional weekly flights from Boston to Cancun (for a total of three);
* One additional weekly flight from Boston to San Juan, Puerto Rico (for a total of 11);
* One additional weekly flight from Boston to Montego Bay, Jamaica (for a total of two)
* Daily flights from Boston to Bermuda (total of 7 weekly);
* Daily flights from Boston to Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic (total of 7 weekly).
Increased flight frequencies will be available on these routes year-round. A full rundown of flights schedules and fares is available atJetBlue. read more »