INNER SPACE: World's Largest Rebreather Event May 26-Jun 2, 2012
(Dive Travel Business News - May 1, 2012) -- The world’s largest Closed Circuit Rebreather (CCR) diving event is once again coming to Grand Cayman May 26 to June 2, 2012. INNER SPACE is a dedicated week of Closed Circuit Rebreather Diving and CCR training, lectures, technology conference and more! It's an all inclusive week bringing together divers, Instructors, dive shops, manufacturers, training agencies and more.
The upcoming 9th INNER SPACE is hosted by Divetech at Cobalt Coast Dive Resort, 78 Closed Circuit Rebreatherers will partake in this eventful week, diving the deep walls and shallow reefs div of Grand Cayman. CCR divers from new recreational divers through deep trimix divers journey to Grand Cayman, diving at various depths based on their certification limits, from 60 to 400 feet on dives lasting for 3 hours.
INNER SPACE attracts many of the “Who’s Who” in the world. Representatives from around the world come to show their products, new technologies, Rebreathers, computers, accessories, photo and video equipment, electronics and more, providing insight into the state of the industry on products, design features, decompression models and new updates on the evolving Rebreather diving industry.
“There’s really nothing else like it” says Nancy Easterbrook “this gathering truly represents the leaders in the industry and Rebreather divers from around the world – the knowledge that’s imparted in incredible and to dive with these leaders is a once in a lifetime opportunity for many divers”.
Pool test dives and presentations with manufacturer reps will take place for guests to experience all the Rebreathers on the market today, including: Evo, Explorer, GEM, Hammerhead, KISS, MKVI Discovery, Optima FX, Pathfinder Megalodon, Prism2, rEvo, Sentinel and Titan.
Following the pool dives, the trade show kicks off giving divers the opportunity to talk with the manufactures and training agencies about their products and services.
Reef Photo/Video and Nauticam will be showcasing a truly state of the art selection of underwater camera and housings that divers can test dive throughout the week. The lineup includes Nauticam housings & the Olympus EPL3, Sony NEX5n, Nikon D7000, Canon 7D, Nikon D800 photo/video equipment.
Guests will also meet authors Anton Swanepoel with ‘The Art of Gas Blending”, Jess Stark on ‘Breathing Air Basics’ and Kevin Gurr’s new edition of ‘From the Bottom Up”.
Divetech is a DAN Technical Research field station and a team of 3 field researchers from DAN including Dr. Neal Pollock, Dawn Kernagis and Jenna Wiley, will be conducting their third technical diver field study on volunteers. The tests are harmless and non-invasive including TTE (transthoracic echocardiogram or cardiac ultrasound), Doppler and venous blood draws that allow researchers and divers to ‘see’ and ‘hear’ bubbles in the blood stream and/or heart after dives, to further study biomarkers of decompression stress. This is very valuable research and will assist to further understand decompression models for the future.
For divers who wish to attend the event, the INNER SPACE Package includes:
- 6 days of boat diving (CCR) with 2 - 3 hour profiles
- NEW - Hop on a dive boat sponsored by your favorite Expert!
- Unlimited shore dives as desired at our 2 great locations - Cobalt Coast & Lighthouse Point
- Dive the ex-USS Kittiwake, a 251 foot submarine rescue vessel
- All 408 & 812 Scrubber, Extend Air or MP cartridges (small or large bore)
- All gas fills including air, trimix, O2 for CCR bottles and gases for bailout bottles
- 30, 40, 63 or 80cuft sidemount/offboard tanks (DIN - Not including regs)
- Inner Space DVD/CD edited by Jay Easterbrook, shot by Reef Photo & Video & all Guests
- Evening Seminars introducing new technology & products
- Pool Product testing - try out the latest and greatest new technology throughout the week!
- Mini table top trade show (pool side) to talk to the experts in the field
- Group Photo
- 2012 T-Shirt - a collectors item!
- Normoxic & Trimix Divers - Trip (200 - 330' profile)
- Photo/Video test/demo equipment and clinics
- 7-night's accommodations including taxes & service charges
- Full Meal Plan - 3 meals daily including gratuities (7 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 7 dinners)
- Welcome Cocktail during arrival night orientation meeting
- Seven FathomsRum Tasting, including the new Governor's Reserve brand
- Airport Transfers - roundtrip (Bush Tours, right outside customs)
Rates for divers on Close Circuti Rebreathers are $2650pp/d.o. For more information about attending Innerspace, visit Dive Tech, call 888-946-5658, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
** This RSS Feed is brought to you by www.DiveTravelBusinessNews.com **
Subscribe and stay informed!