Adhere To Airline Booking Policies More Important Than Ever
(Dive Travel Business News - November 20, 2008) -- Airlines are punishing booking agents who fail to adhere to the airlines' booking and ticketing policies. While many airlines have published policies prohibiting certain practices, enforcement actions are constantly being implemented as new audit tools and methods are introduced. With new capabilities in place, airlines are also stepping up their auditing frequency bookings and ticketing and debiting agents for violating their policies.
A few of the more common ticketing and booking violations are:
- Duplicate bookings (two or more bookings for the same passenger during the same time period)
- Fictitious/speculative names
- Failure to cancel inactive (unused or unticketed) segments
- Churning (repeatedly canceling and booking flights to circumvent fare rules)
- Failure to either ticket or cancel inventory prior to flight departure
Travel Professionals should periodically reference, as well as bookmark, the following list of online airline booking and ticketing policies:
** This RSS feed is brought to you by www.DiveTravelBusinessNews.com **
Subscribe and stay informed!