5 New Adventure Travel Trends for 2010
(Dive Travel Business News - May 10, 2010) -- The Adventure Collection, a consortium of ten industry-leading adventure travel companies, identified these five travel trends this year:
1. Bookings are solidly up over 2009 – as much as 35 percent.
2. The time between booking and travel has been reduced.
3. Travelers are booking based on value rather than price.
4. Pent-up demand is spurring trips with loved ones.
5. Prime travel inspirations are connection and renewal
As the financial markets are rebounding, consumer confidence is improving: “With more stability in the economy, we are seeing significant improvement in bookings,” said Dennis Pinto, chairman of the Adventure Collection and managing director of Micato Safaris.
Value is a key to bookings, agreed those in the survey. Travelers are more value conscious than ever – even at the highest levels.
Accordingly, companies need to work harder to articulate their value proposition: the importance of everything from the uniqueness of their experiences and the quality of their staff, to the comprehensiveness of their safety practices, to their sustainable travel principles and practices.
** This RSS Feed is brought to you by www.DiveTravelBusinessNews.com **
Subscribe and stay informed!